Friday 6 May 2011

A night with my past...


It’s an open roof…moonlit night…fresh air blowing past my shoulder…caressing my hair and informing me about their presence. Cold breeze flowing their way…pin drop silence everywhere letting me listen to my own breathes. Stars twinkling at their best across the dark sheet of sky…watching those tiny diamonds above, anyone can lose themselves in to the thoughts of their beloved memories….
So did I…I’m lost…
I’m lost among my dreams…I’m lost in the world of love…the world of my childhood…where I was the ruler of my kingdom…where I was the owner of my thoughts…
<pause>
Hey, I can see myself running in the playground with all my childhood friends around…I’m playing, dancing, singing and enjoying my day to the fullest…What a bright sunny morning it is!! Uncle Sun is showering his blessings to us kids. But without noticing any of the activities going around us, I see myself busy in playing with my pals.
Now I can see myself sitting at the old classroom of ours, wearing the same old navy blue trouser and a white shirt above it. Oh!! I’m feeling nostalgic. By the way what am I doing now? I’m drawing a picture at the back of my small copy and simultaneously gossiping and laughing with my classmates. It’s a picture of a guy. Hey!! This is the same guy who is currently taking the class…<laughing> Strangely I’m surprised watching what activities are going on in the class…papers are being wasted a lot in schools…I get to know this now only.
It’s lunch time now, but why my Tiffin box is empty? Oh, I forgot to mention, I have eaten up my food before the designated time. I and my friends have already started playing now. How much notorious I was during my childhood…phew!! How did my parents handled me…How did they brought me up till this point of time….along with these many other questions kept striking my mind, but I couldn’t find any appropriate answer to them.
Finally today’s last period got over, and now I can see myself coming out of the school campus with a face having no place for tiredness on it, but with a huge joy of achievement. I may haven’t understood what I have achieved during that period of my childhood, but now I really feel proud of the glorious memories of my school days which I achieved along with my fellow friends.
Hey, how did that bright afternoon filled with joy and contentment turned in to a lonely night at the rooftop?? Oh!!! I came back to reality which I think I didn’t really wish to. Dreams are so good to see, good to feel, yet hard to achieve. And when your precious dreams get break, as they say every action has equal and opposite reaction, a crystal like tiny drop of tear falls down your eyes, making your present “wet”.
“Jio, khush raho, muskuraao, kya pata kal ho na ho” – a line from the movie, “Kal Ho Na Ho”, which I follow in my real life. That is, be happy, smile, spread happiness, live everyday as if it’s your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment